CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tonight, tonight...

I am scared of going to work.

I have come to this conclusion because I've been fine all day (except this morning, but I know what that was about.) After I woke up, my throat was still sore, but I had some pancakes for lunch a little before 11 a.m. I was fine. Then later I fixed myself a grilled cheese (I burned it on one side so I only ate half) and ate a brownie. I was fine. Of course, now that it's almost time for me to go to work, I feel disgusting. My tummy is sloshy (for no reason, since I've barely had anything to drink today and haven't been eating any ice chips) and I'm anxious. I am working on my Bible verses, though. Hopefully the car ride to work will be ok. That is key. If I get worked up in the car, not only is it a bummer, but I will feel really bad when I get to work, and it will take longer to calm down. But if I can stay calm in the car, I will have minimal issues when I actually get to work. Like on Monday. The car ride was calm, I went in to work and sat in the kitchen for a little bit and then ten minutes before I had to start working, I went over to the bathroom. I was kind of anxious but my Bible verse memorization helped A LOT. Then about forty five minutes into work, I had to go visit the bathroom again, but after that I was fine. I got a lot done (I shelved a lot and straightened everything in the back room) and the evening went by fairly quickly. This is what I am praying for tonight: smooth travel to work, enough time to chill out if I need to, then things to keep me busy for the rest of the night. No freaking out, no thinking I'm going to be sick, etc.

12 minutes until I have to leave. I will probably be praying the whole time.

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea." Psalm 46:1-2

0 comments: