CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hyperbole is my middle name.

You know what, my life is just horribly unfair. That's it. And I'm tired of it.

The unfair part. Not, you know, life.

I wish that the things you type had some kind of accenting feature when you are practically stabbing the keys on the keyboard because you are so angry. Or, I am so angry. You know what I meant.

So remember how I said I called Brandon? And how I was worried and just wanted to talk to him? Well guess what. He apparently called like two minutes after I called him. Only AT&T is the dumbest company in the world and poisons customers' phones so as soon as the warranty is up they stop receiving calls and can't hardly ever get a signal if they need one and also their voice mails arrive A WEEK LATE. The phone didn't ring. I waited and waited and the phone didn't ring.
I get off the computer about 25 minutes after calling Brandon, and go to set the alarm on my phone- because I am expecting to be very tired in the morning and probably won't hear my alarm clock by itself. And I see it: ONE MISSED CALL.

My life is unfair.

I called back and he's already turned his phone off. So maybe I possibly started talking to my phone (and AT&T) in a loud and angry manner. And possibly also at this point I was crying. OK, sobbing. And I guess someone heard me because mom called me to ask what was wrong. OK, AT&T, put THAT call through but not the one I really wanted (no offense, mom.) I know she thinks I'm being stupid but I don't care. I freaking hate AT&T and apparently they work better than pretty much any other provider. Which is pretty sad, if you ask me, because THEY ARE HORRIBLE . And some day, when some other, better cell phone service company comes along, and I switch to them, I will sit down and write AT&T the angriest angry letter they have ever received, full of angry, multi-syllable words that they will have to have a dictionary to understand. A pox on their houses. I hate them all.

So now we have pretty much guaranteed that it will be HOURS until I can go to sleep, because now I am crying and very upset and not so tired anymore. Also my stomach hurts now. My life is very unfair.

I know I'm being dumb but I don't care. I have been this way for years, and while I haven't always had someone I wanted to call just in case I kicked the bucket in the middle of the night (I'm charmingly paranoid about these things) I do now and I'm mad because I can't get a hold of him. I'm mad because the phone didn't even beep to tell me I'd missed a call. It was like it was keeping that information from me on purpose, and just to spite me, when I opened the phone and went under the menu thing to set the alarm, it just happened to remember that someone had called for me a long time ago, and wouldn't I like to call them back now that they won't answer? Curse you, little pink phone. I hate you sometimes. Like now.

I don't even have a voicemail to listen to. Or maybe I do, I just won't get it until the middle of next week.

I'm mad. And I'm pouting and I'm starting to ramble.

Do me a favor. If I die in my sleep tonight, from a heart attack or a ruptured spleen or Ebola or whatever, somebody please, please find out where the CEO of AT&T lives and throw eggs at his house. And say something mean about them in my obituary, too.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And just so you know, I wrote six HUGE paragraphs about why going to the doctor is not only unnecessary but also has generally been a waste of my time during my entire life. But I cut them out. Maybe I'll post them another time. Anyway, I'm going to go get in bed and read since, as I said, it will be a long time before I will be able to sleep. At least I've stopped crying. Sort of.

0 comments: