CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Shake your body down to the ground

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He is my rock and my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalm 62:1-2 (New International Jessi Version)

This is the only Bible verse I have memorized from my little book. I keep saying it over and over. I am really tired of waking up feeling gross. I think it's because my throat is a little sore from allergies, etc. And then I probably sleep with my mouth open. So then I wake up, the back of my throat completely dry and achy, and the rest of my mouth pretty dry too, and it feels so much like something is poking my soft palate back there and making me want to gag. I do sleep with water beside the bed, but that doesn't help. This morning I jerked awake before 6:30, hopped up and rummaged through my bag (beside my bed) for a cough drop, hoping this would do a better job than my Lifesavers had done previous mornings. I couldn't find the gigantic bag of cough drops, though. So I got up, shuffled to the kitchen and got some ice. After a stop at the bathroom, I was back looking for the stupid cough drops. I finally found some. It's taken a lot less time for me to calm down this morning, but this cough drop is seriously nasty and I'm probably going to ditch it in a minute. I just wanted to come here first and express my frustrations with yet again being woken up earlier than I wanted to be because I feel disgusting. I will try to go back to sleep in a few minutes. My fingers feel tired (they are slurring their words a little) so I won't stay on here, typing. I'll probably check the news or something before I go back to bed because I'm not ready to sleep yet.

1 comments:

Karen said...

whatever the reason, I'm grateful for the scripture this morning.

Go back to sleep.

love you...