CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"It's...baconlettuceandpotato." -Rose Nylund

Yesterday ended kind of surprisingly. The day ended up getting worse. I of course started feeling sick around an hour before I went to work. Fifteen minutes before I was supposed to leave I put down my book and started getting my stuff together to leave. I filled one pocket with mints, and went to get my little book of Bible verses. It wasn't on my nightstand where it normally is. I looked around on the desk, in my purse, and in the bag I had taken to Brandon's on Sunday. Still no notebook. I got down on the floor and looked under the bed (which, of course, made my black dress pants covered in dog hair...) No notebook. I called mom, starting to freak out a little, because I was starting to believe that this was a sign I would get sick at work that night. After a few minutes of running around I remembered a post I did in June with a bunch of my favorite verses from my little notebook. I could print it out! Problem solved, right? So I tell Jonathan to get off the computer in the kitchen because I had to print something very important. I now had ten minutes before I had to leave. Jonathan had been playing his game on the computer, and that made it run INCREDIBLY slow. Like, I was amazed. And yelling at the computer. And yeah, I cried a little. I was stressed and incredibly worried and by the time the printer finally spit out my piece of paper, I was two minutes later than I wanted to be leaving the house. Then on the way out the door I couldn't find my keys. They had fallen down behind the little table by the front door. More crawling on the floor, more dog hair. I get outside and it's incredibly hot. I still don't have air conditioning in my car. Within two minutes I'm feeling gross because it's so hot. And then it took more than fifteen minutes getting to work because traffic was bad and everyone was driving slow and we hit every red light. When I finally got to work, it wasn't early. What was the point of leaving the house half an hour early to read and take medicine and calm down if I wasn't going to get there until a few minutes before time to work?
Things went kind of ok at work. For almost an hour I was feeling gross. I stayed calm, but I had to take three doses of this anti-nausea medicine I had and I had to leave the desk a few times. Kelli even showed up at the library and I was still feeling bad when she was there. Eventually, though, around 6:30 I felt better. Kelli stayed for a really long time and I gave her a tour of the Dewey decimal system. The fact that she visited helped make up for the fact that my aunt and cousin didn't get to come up and visit me (they weren't able to get a flight until this morning). Which, when I found out, made me really upset because it was just one more thing that went wrong in a short span of time.
And so we arrive at this morning. I work from 1:30-9. Grosssss. I don't know why my schedule is this wacky this week: unbelievably pointless short evening, excruciatingly long day. Ew. I've gotten to the point where I hate long days. I used to try to have as many long days as possible during the summer, so I'd only work like, three days a week. But now I'd rather have short days, because I don't have to be there so long. I'm actually pretty nervous about this afternoon and evening. But I digress. I tried getting up before 8 a.m. so I could have more time before I went to work. I kept resetting the alarm though, and didn't get up until a quarter til 10. Wow. I don't know what gets into me sometimes, I just feel like I'm slipping in and out of a coma and I can't wake up. And of course now it's almost 11, which means there's only two hours until I have to leave for work, and I won't get back home again for a really long time. There goes my day...it's pretty sad.
I'd better get off here because I'm pretty sure there are some things I'm supposed to be doing. But I don't remember what they are so I should probably call mom and find out. If you think about it, say a prayer for me this afternoon, because like I said, I really am worried about working for so long tonight.

0 comments: