CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Don't stop til you get enough

Well...today went by fast. Guess what? I got nothing accomplished. Big surprise.
Today I woke up kind of early and felt icky...I think I might have already covered that, though. And I went back to sleep until after 10 a.m., which was kind of nice. Then I got up and made brownies, which we were supposed to take to Bible study tonight. Except when mom came home for lunch she got kind of sick. So we didn't go.
After brownies I read until the Michael Jackson memorial came on TV, and after that, I read some more. I finished my book. I should be reading stuff for school but I decided to read the Harry Potter series again. I started with the last one and read that over the weekend, and then from last night to about...twenty minutes ago, I read the sixth one. I may or may not read the fifth one next...I kind of want to, but then again, it's one of my least favorite books. Don't get me wrong, they're all groundbreaking and fantastic, but Harry is such a whiner in book 5. It's annoying.
I'm hoping that next week I will be able to go see the new movie, though.
Tomorrow I work, in the evening, with someone I don't know. We are having a sub come in from another branch. Hopefully everything will go fine. Yesterday I went to work early and things went OK. I felt kind of nasty for probably the first half hour I was working. I plan on going early again tomorrow, and hopefully it will be as successful as it was on Monday. I don't work with Jess for the rest of the week, though, and that's a bit of a bummer. She's quite understanding and I'm pretty sure she doesn't get mad at me when I don't feel well...but I digress.
Tonight was the last night of Bible study, and while I am sort of glad that we didn't go, I am also a little sad, too. I liked this study more than the last one we did, and I was unhappy about the circumstances under which I missed evenings prior to tonight. Oh, well. Hopefully I will be able to do another one sometime. Probably not until next year, though, because I will be in school during the fall. Supposedly. I think I am going to try to take all online classes, which should reduce some of my stress, and I'll still be "enrolled" full time. I still need to make a visit to the school, though, to finalize everything. I've pretty much decided that I'm going to go to JCC, which is a local community college, because it is so darn cheap. It's amazing. It's like, 7% if the cost of my school. And the credits will transfer over. I can take some generic history and political science courses to fulfill some of my electives for a degree at Bellarmine, or U of L. If I get my degree from the latter, I don't have to take as many credit hours. It'll be a long process (I'm not in any real hurry) but I will eventually get it all done. I mean, I'm not in a hurry to get my degree because I don't need it for work, and also over the past few semesters it's become more and more difficult for me to keep up with a full-time courseload. It won't do me any good if I get really bad grades in the classes, so I might as well take fewer of them at a time and make good grades so I get the credit I need.
I think I'm done babbling for the evening. Brandon is working through the night again, for whatever reason (I'm not happy about it) and so I will probably just read until I'm ready to go to bed. I might see him tomorrow...I hope I do, since he sounded a little down today and I know he works on Thursday. On the other hand, he really needs to sleep. We will have to wait and see what happens.

0 comments: