CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 12, 2009

I'm ready for dinner.

What an interesting weekend it's been. Things have been fine, for the most part, except for a span of about an hour Saturday afternoon. After I got off work I came home and waited for Brandon to come over. He was running late, and when I called him (three times) he didn't answer. Then I get a call from an unknown local number, and it's him. He locked his keys in his car at the gas station and walked all the way down to the AutoZone by my house to call me so I could drive him back up there to wait for his mom (whom he had also called), as she was bringing a spare key. Did I mention my car still doesn't have air conditioning? We waited for about twenty minutes or so in the gas station parking lot with the windows rolled down and the moon roof open and it was still icky. But it could have been worse. After all that we went back to my house, ate dinner and watched two movies. Then Brandon went home and I fell asleep.
I slept kind of late this morning (accidentally) and went over to Brandon's house a little later. As we didn't really have any movies to watch, we just watched about...six or seven episodes of Joan of Arcadia. We are almost finished with the first season. Sadly there is only one to go after that. We are at the point in the series where things stopped being quite so original and thought provoking, and the show begins to center around teenage drama. It was still a good show- much better than most of the shows on TV today geared toward the same audience. But still. It was sad to see it go.
This week I work four nights in a row (no comment) and have the weekend off for Brandon's cousin's wedding on Saturday. Hopefully things will go well at work. I work two short nights (short enough that it's kind of weird bothering to come in to work at all) and two very looooong days. Those I'm not too excited about. But this week will have its bright spots. My aunt and cousin are coming in from Georgia and I'm very excited to be seeing them. Brandon takes his first actuarial exam on Thursday (prayers are requested, please) and taking one of these exams will greatly improve his chances of getting a good job. It's a long process, though. The way I understand it, one doesn't generally finish ALL the exams until about ten years before one is ready to retire...but still. Your salary increases with each exam you pass, and a lot of companies will pay for study material and stuff. That's kind of neat.
And...that's about it. I need to go shopping sometime this week for some school supplies for the backpack drive at church. Last year Kelli and I bought a bunch of brand new backpacks at Target for around $3 a piece, because it was end-of-season clearance. Our church is collecting new backpacks, with some basic school supplies (like pencils and glue sticks and folders) this weekend and next. So I'd better get on the ball. These things have been in my closet for almost a year and I'll be glad to send them off on their way to some kids who need them. Also sometime this week I HAVE to find something for Brandon's cousin. There are still some reasonably priced muffin pans left on one of her registries. Maybe I'll find the time to go pick them up sometime this week. Otherwise we'll have to go the gift card route.

0 comments: