CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'd like a sedative, please. Now.

I'm waiting for Brandon to come and take me to the doctor.
I HATE going to the doctor (not as much as I hate going to the dentist, though). I don't know why. Well, for one thing, I hate tongue depressors, but I always tell them they don't have to use it and they're always able to check my throat without it. The last time I went to my regular doctor I was having my foot looked at, and my ear, to see if I still had an ear infection from last winter. I still got nervous. Why would I be nervous about someone looking at my foot?
Along the same line, why am I so nervous about going there today and saying "my stomach had been giving me fits for over a month now, my reflux medicine isn't working anymore, and last night I threw up at work so I need a doctor's note"? It's not like they can tell me anything's horribly wrong after just talking to me (for that I'll have to wait until I can go see the internist, or the gastrointerologist.)
So why am I on the verge of having a panic attack? I don't know, but it's dumb. My stomach is making weird noises. I could barely brush my teeth this morning because I felt like gagging, so I'm kind of dreading taking any medicine. We will have to wait and see. Brandon will be here in about half an hour. I have time to decide how badly I need to take a Benadryl.
Please pray for me today, that not only will I get to feeling good enough to go to work (and stay feeling good, since last night I felt fine until shortly after I got there), but that I will have a peaceful visit to the doctor's.

0 comments: