CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 9, 2009

*grumble, grumble*

What a completely pointless trip.

Ok, maybe not pointless. I got my doctor's note. But the doctor I spoke to was pretty much no help. He didn't give me anything for my nausea. He said it was "good" I was taking Nexium, and provided no help when I told him that it wasn't working anymore (as I predicted would happen months ago.) He said I need to go back to taking Paxil for my anxiety (um, no. Thank you. I'd rather not be depressed and borderline suicidal, as Paxil tends to make people, me included.) He said he couldn't prescribe anything for me to help with my panic attacks. And he said I needed therapy (duh) and to contact my insurance company to find counselors in the area for my anxiety. Also, he wrote down some completely random medicine that I should be taking for my PCOS, and seemed surprised that I wasn't already on it. "Why?" he asked. Well, probably because my doctor didn't think I needed it. Then again, that doctor didn't warn me that the medicine he DID give me would basically ruin my life and take away almost five years worth of progress with my anxiety. *sigh*. I'm incredibly frustrated right now. Yes, I got my doctor's note, so I won't be in trouble at work. But still. I was counting on getting at least some nausea medicine. That was what had me semi-convinced that I would be ok at work tonight. Now my confidence has basically been thrown out the window. Nothing has changed from last night, so what's to stop me from going through that miserable experience all over again? This is what the evil, anxious parts of my brain are saying to me. And you know what? They have a point.

I was finally just able to choke down a Benadryl (sinus drainage!) and my reflux medicine (liquid fire running up and down my esophagus!) I wasn't able to do so this morning- I was panicking about going to the doctor. But now that I've taken them I think I'm going to lay down and take a nap until mom gets home for lunch. Then we'll call one of the *real* doctors and get an appointment. For sometime in the next few months....

0 comments: