CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Further ramblings

Yesterday went surprisingly well. I mean, work went fine (I think I mentioned that) and any ickiness I felt prior to going to Bible study was basically all nerves. I went, I had a few iffy moments but things went very well. I left feeling quite pleased with myself. We even stopped at McDonald's on the way home and I ate six chicken nuggets. Go, me.

Then there was last night. I wasn't feeling *bad*, really, but I started having problems with my teeth right about the time I was ready to go to bed. Have I told you about my teeth? No? Ok. Well, on the left side of my mouth I apparently have a few cavities. I don't know where they came from, but I have one in a bottom molar and then issues with a top molar. They ache at different times, mostly, but last night they randomly decided to start hurting at the same time. On top of that, my wisdom teeth have sloooooooowly been growing in since I was in the 11th grade. That's like, what, four years ago? Well, the one that has been pushing through a little more lately is on the left side of my mouth. On the bottom. Pretty darn near where that likely cavity cuprit is. So last night, at about 11 o'clock, the left side of my mouth suddenly started hurting very badly. Bad enough that it was too distracting to go to sleep. I got up and found some Orajel (which I hate, so you know I had to be feeling bad to use that stuff) and basically covered like, the entire left side of my mouth with it. A few seconds of glorious numbness, and POW. Pain. Lots of it. Maybe worse than before. So I got up (again) and found an ice pack in the freezer, wrapped it in a Christmas-themed dish towel (details are important), and placed it between my cheek and the pillow. I drifted off to sleep (thanks in part to the two Benadryl I had taken before bed). And....woke up half an hour crying. I don't remember starting to cry, so I think I started in my sleep, then woke up. Because the pain was so bad. It kind of felt like I was shot in the face. Or at least that's what I told mom when she called me on my cell phone after about ten minutes of crying. I guess Jonathan called her because I was being noisy, I don't know. I didn't think I was that loud. I took some ibuprofen, readjusted my ice pack, and cried myself to sleep (how dramatic).

Then this morning, of course, I didn't want to wake up. I went from having my alarm set for seven, to eight, to nine, to getting up and going back to bed until nine thirty. I have been so sleeeeeepy lately that it's ridiculous (well, maybe not so much when you consider I haven't slept a full night since mid-March). Today went fairly well. I didn't have any major issues, or even any minor ones, but I wasn't really able to eat. Mom brought me some scrambled eggs and toast for lunch but I ate about half what she brought me (which meant I ate about one egg, and a half a piece of toast). Then I had trouble swallowing. So later, I decided to try to finish this chicken sandwich I brought home yesterday, and three bites in, I couldn't swallow. And that's all I had until about 7 pm, when at work I decided I really had to eat something whether I wanted to or not, and had most of a single-serving cup of applesauce. Which proceeded to sit rather unpleasantly on top of the air bubble of hunger (and gum-chewing) that had formed somewhere in between my chest and my stomach. Ugh. Aside from that, though, and fifteen minutes of extreme unpleasantness upon my arrival, work went really well tonight. So I get home and think "you know, I really am hungry..." and fix myself the last of the chicken salad that was in the refrigerator (a sandwich's worth). I ate half of it. I tried to eat more (I really wanted this chicken salad) but it didn't work out too well...hmm.

We will have to see how this evening goes, since I'm pretty full and also terribly thirsty. I keep drinking water but it's not cooperating too well with my reflux, which can be unpleasant, and that can lead to some nervousness, as well (it sounds stupid but hey, that's the way I'm working right now.) Tomorrow I am supposed to go to Brandon's again, and I'm looking forward to that, I hope it goes as splendidly as it did Monday. But without the feeling nasty once I get to work part. I work with my good buddy Jess tomorrow night and that does make me feel better. Then after that I'm off for the weekend, since we are closed on Saturday for the holiday. Very exciting.

1 comments:

Karen said...

I'm glad to see that you made it through the night. And I know that today will be fine. (He will satisfy your needs and strengthen your frame...quick, what's the verse?)

love you...