CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 19, 2009

It's incalculable.

While I am very happy not to go to school or work today, as it is a holiday, and also I often dislike going to those places, today has not gone as expected. I was pretty unhappy when I went to bed last night and didn't sleep well. This morning mom came in and said it snowed, and I couldn't drive to Brandon's but he could come get me. Well, that's kind of a big chunk of time we would be wasting, so after much discussion he is headed over here (dad and Jonathan are both home today). I had wanted to go out to lunch, with one of our Christmas gift cards, but we aren't. I had planned on going to Toys R Us on the way to Brandon's this morning to see what baby stuff I could find on clearance for my rapidly increasing collection of stuff for donation to A Woman's Choice (if you have anything you want to give, let me know!) but obviously I'm not going...so yeah.

I've been particularly moody lately and I'm really trying not to let these small changes in schedule ruin my day. I lack some kind of coping mechanism. And I can be really grumpy, for lack of a better word, when I let myself. So I'm trying not to let myself. I keep saying to myself that I still get to spend time with Brandon (we are watching my DVDs of The Office together!), and I still don't have school tomorrow, and even though I have to go to work the helper we had on Saturday did a LOT and the "holiday weekend mess" that we normally have will be easier to deal with. Also Kelli will come over tomorrow afternoon, and we are going clearance shopping and to Whole Foods. We love that place. Maybe we will watch a movie as well, that would be nice. I am choosing to ignore the fact that my first day back to school this week will be one of the crazy Wednesdays, where I have almost all my classes in a row.

I hope everyone had a good weekend, and if you're off school or work today, have fun with that, too. I'm sorry I didn't have more to say! I have no meaningful thoughts- I haven't been awake that long. Maybe later today I will write about the small amount of wedding stuff I have accomplished.

0 comments: