CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 3, 2009

"Cupquake" lip gloss is amazing.

I do not have many friends- real, true friends that I feel comfortable both complaining to and sharing my triumphs, friends with whom I can talk about more than the weather, you know the lot. This is nothing to be ashamed of. Quality over quantity, I say. The friends I have are true blue, as the saying goes, and quite a bit of fun to be around. Today was the last day that a friend of mine at work will be at my branch. She is moving to Louisiana this weekend to be with her "honey". This is a very sad occasion. Although she is very nearly almost ten years older than me (ha), I have enjoyed every day that I have spent with Kara at the library. She has been so much fun and has made work (a place that one does not expect to enjoy being at) much more bearable than it would have been otherwise. She's really cool and I'm going to miss her a lot.

We will be experiencing many big changes at work this week. Kara will be gone, and she is an extremely organized person who keeps our children's librarian grounded. We are getting a new branch manager on Monday. Our assistant manager retired a few weeks ago and I know of one person that would move to another branch if a position became available, another that will be retiring before summer reading starts, and we are already incredibly short-handed and, basically, swamped. You have no idea how much work we have to do. The cherry on top of this proverbial sundae is that as an entity under the umbrella of the city government, the library is currently under a hiring freeze. Has been since last summer, I think. Or last autumn. Anyway, people are dropping like flies, it seems, and we can't bring in anyone new. If you think of it, your prayers this week would be much appreciated as we go through these transitions and face still more obstacles. I love my job and would even do it in a volunteer capacity if I were so financially blessed (fewer than twenty hours a week, though) but it can be incredibly stressful at times (that's why they call it work, though, I guess). Plus I go back to classes on Monday (18 credit hours! Can you sense the excitement? The desperate fear?) and supposedly somewhere in my ten minute breaks I will be talking to an "insurance guy" about The Incident in the Tumbleweed Parking Lot. Hopefully we can get my car fixed soon, so I can get my tires before the one goes completely flat or my coffers are drained by the evil Amazon.com (that's a long story for some other time).

Brandon has a ball game tomorrow at 3! Fingers crossed his team will win.

Happy Weekend, everyone!

1 comments:

Karen said...

Well, if the adjuster guy gives you any problem...just have your mama give him a call. She'll straighten him out!

love you!