CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 26, 2009

Completely pointless weather post.

The weather is being weird here.
My mom has mentioned it on her blog, but for those of you who may not know it, people in our city freak out when there is a mention of snow. Because if it might snow, then we might get twenty inches of snow. Or four inches of solid ice. Or nothing at all. There are runs on milk and bread at the grocery store (why not snack cakes and Diet Coke? That's what I'd get, anyway.)
So my dad has been speaking ominously of the impending weather for the past several days. One meteorologist was apparently saying he expected schools to be closed on Tuesday and Wednesday. I would be just fine with that! I don't have school on Tuesday but Wednesday I have a Chem test and like, nine other classes. Practically. I would love to be out of school, even if it meant I was stuck at home in my messy room with nothing to eat but Ramen noodles. I don't mind. I've been in bed sick all weekend anyway. I'm not really enthusiastic about breaking up this routine (minus the sick part).

But I don't think it's snowing. I haven't been outside yet, but it was barely doing anything last night. I actually think it's getting warmer outside. It's still supposed to stay below freezing in my city, but who knows. Weather is weird here. I don't think anyone can really explain it properly. I pretty much have to go to work tonight, even though I still feel really bad, so I will see what the mood is there. Maybe hardly anyone will come in because they are afraid of driving tonight. I don't think I'd mind that at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw man, and I just ate my last "fancy cake". I think I have some two dollar Whole Foods chocolate left though. That'll get me through.

My supervisor sent out a mass text and was like: "Yes, it may snow and yes, there may be ice but, that doesn't mean you don't still have to come to work."

I really hope school is canceled on Wednesday...

Karen said...

surprise! There's snow, sleet AND freezing rain outside. However, I suspect that you will still have to go to work. So, while you are sleeping, your dad and I are trying to figure out the logistics of it all. I guess that's what parents are for, huh?