CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Well...hmm.

I was browsing the "Internets" this morning and came across a story that I found interesting, saddening, and infuriating, all at the same time.
Apparently a judge has accepted a suit from a self-proclaimed gay man, representing himself, suing Zondervan and Thomas Nelson publishers for twenty years of "misrepresenting" the Bible by claiming that homosexuality is a sin. He is emotionally distressed by these two publishers (I'm not sure why he's not bothering to sue anyone who's EVER made a Bible, because it's not like these two made it up) to the tune of $70 million.

Oh, my.

Not only is this man trying to take away the rights of free speech and press, he's doing so in a most ludicrous manner. I am offended by a lot of books. I don't go around suing them for having their own opinion. And like I said, it's not like these publishers came up with these ideas themselves.

We live in troubled times. And it makes me angry. Right before I have to go to work.

0 comments: