CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Oops!

In all the, ahem, excitement of last weekend's events, I forgot to announce that wedding plans have officially, officially begun. I finally got around to calling the church, and they sent me a packet of information and forms to fill out. When I send them back in they will make an appointment for us to meet with the marriage minister, then we are required to attend the 12-part series of classes they offer, and meet with a marriage mentor couple. I suppose that after that, we are free to get married. Except for the part about waiting till January 2, 2010, of course.

The forms and paperwork are a bit daunting. Because I go to a big church ("enormous" might be more appropriate), they obviously perform a lot of weddings, and thus have quite a system down. There are two times to choose from, each has a few hours before and after with it. They have very strict guidelines regarding photography (I still can't figure out if they will or won't allow the photographer to use a flash during the ceremony) and music. I think Brandon might be a little worried about that. We want to use a lot of secular, albeit not inappropriate, music. That has to be approved. Because they keep mentioning the seriousness of marriage and the solemn nature of the ceremony, I don't know how they would feel about using a few tracks from the Lord of the Rings films, or a Star Wars song for the recessional, or a love song from Moulin Rouge, a film about a prostitute (but it's such a beautiful movie!). Hmm.

And then there are the lists. We are each to provide a list of eight reasons why this is the season of our lives to get married, and ten reasons why we want to marry the other person. The ten reasons are easy. It's the eight that are bothering me. I can think of three, maybe. If I would just get off the computer long enough to sit down and really think, I could probably come up with some more, but I don't see that happening today. I am sleepy, and want to play Sims. I am trying to fulfill one of my Sims' want of having twenty grandchildren.

I am a very goal-oriented person.



There's a wedding in Lord of the Rings! So...it's good, right? Right. Maybe.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Let the races begin! I think I am looking forward to the "hunt for the perfect wedding."

(Loved your comment, by the way.)

:)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh wedding planning I remember that.... :)

I really do encourage you to do ALL the pre marriage stuff you can, it really does make a difference even though at times it can be hard and confronting.