CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 13, 2009

Sweet!

Perhaps I am posting this a bit prematurely, but...I love my apartment. And it isn't even mine yet.

Mom and I went and visited the apartment rental office today, and the lady told us that they have a special right now where we could get a better apartment (two bedrooms, two baths) for less than what we had actually come there for (two bedrooms, one bath.) So we went to look at it, and it's fabulous. Yes, it's in the older part of the complex. Yes, everything is painted tan and the microwave might be as old as I am. But I don't care. Other than that, it's perfect and I love it.

Shall I describe it for you? Ok, I will.

It has a balcony off the living room, and a dining nook (which will fit the dining room table and chairs and stuff my aunt gave us). It also has a nice sized closet and a walk-in(ish) pantry off the nook. The kitchen is a little small, but it's ok, because it has what we need. And then in the hall there's a coat closet and a linen closet. There are two full bathrooms- one across the hall from the spare bedroom, and one off the master bedroom. Both bedrooms are a really good size. And there's plenty of closet space and another linen closet in the master bedroom!

We couldn't go ahead and apply because Brandon has to be there (I need his ID and his deposit check. I have the money for the application.) And here is the issue. He is working for the temp agency this week, and next (grading standardized tests- which personally I think sounds pretty cool). Every day he gets off at 4:15. The office at the apartment place closes at 5 and they don't have weekend hours. So I called him and told him to call me immediately when he got out of work, and maybe he could run over there and meet me and we could start the application process. We still need to fax them a copy of his last pay stub, but we can do that within the three business days that it takes them to approve the application.

So...here's the dealio. I have new prayer requests. As it looks that this apartment is pretty much perfect, please pray that we will find the time (preferably today) to get over there and sign the paperwork. And that we get approved! I can't imagine why we wouldn't, but still. This is really important. And I'd appreciate your prayers. Hopefully sometime early next week I will have good news to report!

0 comments: