CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 19, 2009

The flaw in the plan.

Well, hmm.
I called Brandon yesterday on my dinner break to ask if we had by chance heard anything from the apartment people, even though they weren't supposed to call until Thursday (today). He said we did, and that they said we didn't have enough money. They only asked for one of his paycheck stubs, and the most recent one wasn't as big as his others lately because he's been working that temp job for the past few weeks. He indicated on the application that he had two employers (which was true, when we filled out the app) and so they told him to bring his paycheck stub from his other employer by, because we only needed a "little more" money. Those are Brandon's words, not mine. This is better than just rejecting us outright, but because the temp job is only for three weeks, he gets two paychecks from them. And the one he already has is not very big. So...I'm stressed. He is going to take his stub over there after work and I will go meet him and take my paycheck stub, too, because in a few weeks we will be sharing a bank account and so my money is his money, and vice versa. The problem with that is I may have to be listed as co-applicant for them to consider it, which would mean another credit check, more waiting, and an extra $50 fee. So the best case scenario is, we go over there, they glance at his other paycheck stub and say "ok, we just needed to confirm that you have a little bit extra money. This is awesome, and the apartment is yours. You can get your keys on the 11th." The next best case scenario would be for them to accept my paycheck, too, without having to go on as a co-applicant. And it goes downhill from there.
Brandon seems pretty confident that his other check will do it, but I don't know. I let myself get so excited about this apartment that I think I had tricked myself into thinking that there was no way we wouldn't get it, and that was stupid of me. So now I'm terrified and extremely pessimistic about the whole thing. There aren't that may apartments out there that we can afford, let alone that are in safe neighborhoods. This one is perfect. I see it as many answered prayers wrapped into one. But now that we have hit this little snag, my confidence is waning. Please continue to keep us in your prayers as now that we have found a place to live, we are trying to get into that place without too much hassle! Maybe I will know something by tonight. I may be back to post again.

0 comments: