CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'm getting tired of waiting.

Brandon got off work early so we met over at the rental office to drop off a copy of his other paycheck stub. The lady who was working took it to her office and crunched some numbers, and when she came back she didn't say "it's still not enough", which is promising. They have to send it to the company to confirm that he didn't like, quit last week or whatever. That he's still an employee. Here's the thing, though. He is, and he isn't. It was a temporary job, which he got through a placement company. The placement company still has his info, and I think that's who cut him the check, so if they get asked, he should be fine. But today was his last day on this particular job. If we get turned down, we're going to add me as a co-applicant and start the whole process over again, but they would then consider both our incomes instead of just Brandon's.

This is a very stressful time. I am trying to work to make sure I get all my schoolwork done for the semester, plus tie things up at school since I'm taking next semester off. I still have my job to focus on. And then there's making sure everything is finalized for the wedding, and trying to find a place to live, and I want to start packing and/or organizing because it's exciting and fun, but on the other hand, when do I have time to do that? "I don't", would be the responsible answer. I should be doing schoolwork, because that comes first. But it's hard to focus and hard to get motivated.

I would be extraordinarily happy if we find out early tomorrow that the apartment is a go. I don't think that will happen. I don't even know that the apartment people will hear back from Brandon's employer this week. I hope so. I seem to recall it was really difficult and time-consuming getting a hold of them to apply for the job, do the testing he needed to do, etc. Let's hope that those memories are just exaggerated in my mind and that everything was a lot smoother than I remember. Smoother and faster.

I think I need a nap. I don't think I'm going to get one. It's getting closer to 10 p.m. and I still have lots to do. And I have physical therapy super early tomorrow morning. I need to go, and in some ways I don't mind going, because it will make me feel better in the long run and I've had back problems for a while and this is a super way to get some stuff worked out and my insurance is paying for it. You know, because of getting rear ended by a bus. On the other hand, the only time I can go is the precious few hours I have before work days (exception: tomorrow), early in the morning. And it's 25 minutes away and a hastle. If it was just down the street, and I could show up whenever I wanted, I'd be happier. But whatevs. I'd rather not think about it right now.

Hopefully I will be back with good news tomorrow.

0 comments: