CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 21, 2008

I hope there are fuzzy socks in my stocking.

What a relaxing weekend I have had. I don't think I did anything yesterday, except go to church (which was really good). Today I went to Brandon's and watched a movie. It was his first basketball game of the season, and it didn't go to well. They were in the lead for theAdd Video first part of the first half, but then they lost by fourteen points, I think. I'll chalk it up to being out of shape. I think they'll be better next time. Today I made a gingerbread house with Brandon's little brothers. One is nine-ish, the other is in fifth grade. I think. It' s hard to keep track when Brandon doesn't even know how old they are. *_* Anyway. We made one last year, but this was a different kit. It was pre-assembled, and just needed decorating. That was an adventure. We had to mix the icing ourselves, and then get it into the icing bag. Some ended up getting stuck in the top and that came back out later...it was fun, though. The boys kept stating throughout the decoration that the purpose of decorating in the manner they did was to lower the property value of the other gingerbread houses in the neighborhood...ergo lower taxes. Apparently. And here are pictures:

I also made "Oreo truffles" last night, which are either ok or delicious, depending on your opinion of Oreos. The recipe is simple: mix one eight-ounce block of very soft cream cheese with three cups crushed Oreos. Roll into truffle-sized balls, and refrigerate for about half an hour. Then dip in melted chocolate and refrigerate again overnight. They are quite yummy when very cold and served with a glass of milk. Otherwise they kind of taste like a doughnut dipped in chocolate (per Brandon's mom's description). Not that there's anything wrong with that.

0 comments: