CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Weddings! Yay!

A classmate of Brandon's got married this weekend, and the ceremony was very beautiful. Once again, my desire to just get this wedding of mine planned and on the way has been renewed. I sent an email to this guy who works for a place we're looking to have the reception, to see if they're open on Labor Day, but I haven't heard back yet. Oh well. Maybe he hasn't responded because it's the weekend.

Anyway, I am still striving for productivity around here. I am cleaning out my room (yet again), trying to get rid of anything I can bear to part with that I can't see having around my house that I'm going to share with Brandon. Someday. When we actually have the money and find a house. I've filled up a box and two paper bags for stuff to take to Goodwill so far, but Dad said today that I need to be looking for stuff to sell at a yard sale, meaning I have to go through everything I've decided to get rid of, picking out stuff that I know won't sell and stuff that I can't get rid of around relatives (*_*) and keeping everything around my room even longer. I may just pitch it all and get it over with. The reason I'm doing this is because I'm hoping by having less stuff, I will be less inclined to mess up my room during school, as I won't have much time to clean. And I can't work in a messy room. I need to work on my organizational skills anyway. I have a hard time letting go of things! For instance, I make cookies maybe once or twice a year (last year I made Halloween cookies and that was pretty much it), and yet I have a drawer full of various cookie cutters. I have candy boxes and candy molds, other baking supplies, etc. A basket full of stuffed animals, way too many books and DVD's (I've rid myself of all that I can bear to part with having gone through my shelves four times in the last two months), bridal magazines, Christmas presents, some leftover carpet, computer games, library books, shoeboxes for Operation: Christmas child, a canister of wrapping paper, etc. And that's not even counting the unknown world of junk that's in my closets. Just thinking about all this makes me twitchy.

So before I go back to doing whatever it was I was doing (making a Christmas list, I think, when I should be working on my room), here are some wedding pics.







Congratulations, Brooke and Brian!

1 comments:

Briana McCall said...

are you getting married THIS labor day? wait .. like in May?