CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's random thought day.

I don't think my posts have been too in-depth lately, and I'm sorry. My mind has been other places. A billion other places, actually. And to complicate things (yay) I went home sick from work today. I think it was just blood sugar issues but I have been feeling icky at random times lately.

My room is looking much nicer now. It should be ready by the time school starts next week.

Remember that $500 scholarship I got? I went to Bellarmine the other day to get my books, my parking permit, one of Brandon's books, and his parking permit, and it was about $487. Brandon's gonna pay me back for his part, though. So that money is going up for new tires.

My newly rediscovered Lord of the Rings blanket has been washed and placed back on my bed and Polo hates it. Every time I put it over him he climbs back out and grumbles like "where are the good blankets?". I don't know what he has against Orlando Bloom.

Things are starting to calm down at the library but there's still a lot to do and it doesn't help when you don't feel good and you're digging your fourth fingernail into your palm to distract yourself from this fact, and patrons are coming up and asking you questions and you are trying so hard to concentrate on that fingernail but you can't so you just end up feeling worse.

While I am excited about starting classes (ready to get more credit hours knocked out!), I know that I've got a lot of work ahead of me. And schoolwork has never been my strong point. I make ok grades, but through high school that was mainly because the teachers liked me. *_* I actually have to work now. And it's tough. Want to know my classes? I've got Intro to Psychology (a horrible elective), some kind of "Survey of American Literature", "Modern Middle East" (what a happy time), "Modern Latin American and Caribbean history" (not at all what I'm interested in but I need History credit hours and I like the professor), Methodology of History (where yours truly gets to learn how to be a bona fide historian. Supposedly.), and United States Presidency. The last one should be interesting as we will actually be in class as the election results are being announced. I plan on either wearing a pro-life tee, or my shirt that says "Mike Huckabee is my Homeboy", as I wanted him to win anyway.

Oh, and if you want a really scary, freaky movie to watch, see Cloverfield. I know a lot of people said it was dumb but it's quite suspenseful and terrifying. For those who like "War of the Worlds" and "Godzilla". I gave it 4 stars on Flickster.

Ok, I am going to bed now. Probably. I hope all is well wherever you are.

1 comments:

Karen said...

Polo should be happy with whatever blanket he has. At least it's not a pink velour doggie bed!

Good morning!