CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Poo.

I am well aware that I am supposed to be cleaning my room.

HOWEVER.

I, along with millions of other HP fans around the world are horrified at the news that has come from Warner Brothers today.

The release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has been moved from November 21st of this year, to July 17th of 2009.

What's wrong with this?

A.) They will probably pull the theatrical trailers now, since they all say "November 21", meaning I won't get to see one when I go to watch the new Star Wars movie tomorrow,

B.) They'll probably pull all the posters now, too,

C.) November is nice and cool and wintry, perfect for a Harry Potter movie. July is in the summer. It's hot, sticky, disgusting, and hot. And disgusting,

D.) School is in session in November. In July, it is not. Meaning more annoying little children will be allowed to go see it in the middle of the night, taking some of the fun away from those of us who have been with these books for longer than said children have been alive,

E.) I already had an outfit planned,

F.) We were planning a Potter Party at work and I was going to get to have a trivia contest. It won't even be dark in July, if we move the party then.

Gah. I am in a horrible mood now. Sorry, but those of us nerds with no real lives to speak of must cling to silly things such as this to keep us going. What do I read when I run out of interesting library books? Harry Potter. What do I spend my time on facebook playing trivia games about? Harry Potter. What's possibly the most important book series of the past century, inspiring an interest in reading in countless children and adults alike? Harry Potter.

I'm going to go sulk now until someone emails/texts me back about this. Harumph.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

GRRRRRRR!