CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I've decided I need a new computer chair.

So dad called this morning and said that we should get gas now, that it's gone up again. Now, the national average is $3.76 a gallon. How high is gas here? $3.93. Do they think we're stupid or something? Why are we so much higher than the national average? I don't get it. I just calculated how much it will cost me to fill up my car. It will be $5 more than it was in March. Just two months ago. $10 more than it was at Christmas.
We do not have money trees in our backyard. My "budget" is extremely rigid. Each month I have to pay a third of one of my paychecks to my grandpa for a car payment. Then about $50 for gas each paycheck (meaning about $100 a month), and almost half a paycheck for interest on my student loanseach month. . Every three months I have a car insurance bill that costs more than I earn in two weeks. I can't afford an extra $10 for gas.
Whom do I complain to?
The only bright side is that I only have to fill up once a week when I'm driving to school, which I am finished with for the summer. Maybe by the end of August the country will have gotten its act together, gas prices will be down, we will prosper economically, people will stop losing their homes and we will be happy again.
Ha.


Gas Prices!

0 comments: