CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 24, 2008

I am well aware that my timestamps are inaccurate 90% of the time.

After stumbling upon a familiar-sounding livejournal username, realizing it was actually the online journal I kept during my sophomore and junior years of high school, and reading each interesting, funny, but often sad entry, I have finally come to terms with the fact that from February to June 2005 I was in an emotionally abusive relationship. Wow. I hadn't even thought about it all that much lately (emphasis on the word lately...it's only in the past few months that it wasn't lingering on the fuzzy edges of my consciousness)...but after reading what I had to say at the time, and remembering exactly the way things happened as opposed to the somewhat rosy, misleading memories I was selectively remembering, I have come to terms with it and I find myself with a peace that I thought I had already possessed. Guess what? I was wrong. Now, though...I feel a sense of relief I didn't know that I was missing. How odd. And unexpected. And how very, very welcome.


freedom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny you should mention emotionally abusive relationships...I have been coming to the realisation that I have been in one for most of my life...with my father. Anyhoo just wanted to say I love the template, anything and everything pink is good in my book!! :)

Karen said...

I like the new look,

It is funny that you should mention this. Your dad and I had a brief discussion about him twice today. How odd.