CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

I really hate allergies. I'm sure I will say this many more times over the summer.

While I do hate allergies, and the fact that it feels like my eyeballs are on fire, and I have used up like, two boxes of Kleenexes over the past week, I am really here to talk about church.
Church last night was amazing. And I'm very glad that Kelli skipped her softball game so she could go to the service. There were so many people there! And honestly, I don't think I have ever felt such excitement in the atmosphere of that sanctuary. There was a warm happiness floating around that can only be attributed to the Holy Spirit. Kyle's message was really good, and he talked about different people you might see in Heaven. What do you think Heaven will be like? For me, I think Heaven will be very green. Green seems to be God's favorite color. He made pretty much everything green. Trees, grass, plants...if we didn't have roads cutting through everywhere you might notice it more, I think.
I think it'd be neat if Heaven was kind of like that room in Star Trek...whatsitcalled... you could experience different stuff from history rather than watching it on some projector screen. Want to see Moses part the Red Sea? No problem. Want to see what it was like to actually be there? Even better. And maybe you could even experience like, epic scenes from movies. Like the Flight to the Ford from the Lord of the Rings, or something. I don't know. Maybe that's just me.
I like to think that God wouldn't have a problem with us seeking out and spending time with other people that we might not have necessarily known in this life. Like C. S. Lewis, or Tolkien, or that Bonhoeffer guy that we kept having to watch that movie about in high school. Or what about George Washington, or Ronald Reagan? That'd be cool. Let's all get together and play checkers, or something.
What do you think Heaven will be like? Who are you looking forward to seeing? Besides Jesus, of course. I mean, I know He's number one on the list...

JESUS ROCKS!

4 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Hi there, just jumped over from your mom's blog, I believe. I think about heaven quite a bit. Here's a thought. What if everyone wants to talk to CS Lewis, but he doesn't want to talk to all of us?? :) Seriously, I always wonder what we'll think about our life experiences on earth when we're there, and our relationships. So many pieces of the puzzle will come together, I'm sure.--Also, I have MAJOR allergies. (There will be no allergies in heaven.)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessi~
Thanks for the precious feet website! I am hoping to do something on pro life with the older girls at church...some of that stuff will come in handy :)

Mmm I think heaven will be far more than I can imagine (Although I love that song I can only imagaine..) I hope that I will see some people who I have loved and who have passed on, particularly my Grandma. It may be 10years since she left but I still miss her. I also think there will be joy like none we have every experianced here on earth. Joy and peace. And of course we will have our mansions! I think too we will be able to look on our lives and see where everything did work for good (Romans 8:28) it is hard to see from here but once in Glory I think we will see that we needed the valleys as much as the mountains.
Blessings!!

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

okay, let's try again.