CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A few things a little late.

1.
Iron Man
Iron Man was a fantastic movie. Go see it now. I was concerned at first because I haven't had much luck with superhero movies lately (I was disappointed by Batman Begins, and the second Fantastic Four movie was just plain horrible). Also I have never been particularly fond of Robert Downey Jr. However, he and this movie are both amazing. I thought it might get preachy because there was some hinting of an antiwar message (who knew?) but it wasn't what I thought it was going to be. It was very good. Three thumbs up, if I had three thumbs.

2.
Prince Caspian poster

This was really good as well. I'm happy I went to see it in the theater because I didn't do that with the first one...actually to be honest I've never been as interested in the Chronicles of Narnia as I have the Lord of the Rings. But I really liked this movie. It was kind of slow and confusing for the first 40 minutes though, so beware. I was reminded of the 5th Harry Potter film, actually. In that movie, the filmmakers were so focused on making a colorful representation of scenes in the book that they completely forgot the plot. If you had never read the book, you would think it was a terrible movie because everything was so disjointed and it didn't make any sense. This is the way it was with Prince Caspian in the beginning, I think. But the action scenes were great, Ben Barnes is really cute, and once again, the spiritual aspect of the story was represented very nicely. I know that Christians in the audience got it, and I hope that other people will, too. It's neat that something so widely publicized and backed by a company as big as Disney has these sneaky little messages used to evangelize (not sneaky in the bad sense!).

3. Last week was mine and Brandon's two-year anniversary. Yay us. I remembered that day at work but forgot to say anything! ^_^

0 comments: