CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fernald is ridiculously excited to get a new, clean, fishbowl...

...happier than I would have thought a fish could be.

So I went to see Prince Caspian *again* last night, with my Kelli, and it was even better the second time. But because I knew what was going to happen and wasn't spending my time worrying about what cute fuzzy minotaurs were going to die, etc., I was able to both watch the movie and think about the spiritual aspect of it. I want to issue a thank you to both the late C. S. Lewis and the filmmakers for creating such an action-packed, attention grabbing witness tool of a film. Then again, I wonder if it's so simple for me to pick up on the God factor of the movie because I'm a Christian. I pray that others can, too. Perez Hilton, celebrity gossip blogger, is not a Christian, but I know that he went to see the movie and he really liked it. I wonder if he, and others like him, see that the film just isn't some fantasy story about battles and mythical creatures. I wonder if they see that Aslan represents Christ, and that the movie shows us that we shouldn't let others keep us from seeking God, and when we need help, we should ask Him first. We shouldn't wait to see what we can do without Him. We shouldn't rely on our resources, because we aren't God. Or Aslan. We are just human. We can only do so much. We should trust that He is really there even when we can't see him.
I love that movie. I want to go see it again. And again. And again. If you haven't seen it yet, go now! Call out sick from work, if you have to!

Aslan

2 comments:

Karen said...

Fernald has more houses than most fish I know.

Briana McCall said...

i saw it the other night as well and i liked it so much!!! if tickets weren't so expensive i would probably go again before it comes out on DVD but i probably won't. but anyways, i went with my little brother and i felt like a mom the whole time whispering over to him and asking him, "what bible story does this remind you of?" and hearing his little answers, "david and goliath," and "moses crossing the red sea" (okay i had to give him a little hint on that one :o). but besides that, i was really impressed. i couldn't really make a comparison b/w that one and the first b/c i had read the lion, the witch and the wardrobe and seen the old movie many times so i knew what was going to happen. this time i was completely on the edge of my seat!! i loved it and the only critique i had was that of the trees fighting with the narnian creatures. reminded me too much of lord of the rings but other than that i loved it!!