CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Is it nap time yet?

I have not posted in two days. Woohoo! Ok. Yesterday went pretty well, I had a few shaky spots during the day at work but did really well. The only time I called mom, actually, was when I was at lunch, I think. And today went fairly beautifully. Maybe it was because I didn't eat much (that made my blood sugar wonky but I fixed that easily with a half a banana). I don't know, but it was good. I felt fairly awesome. Or normal, anyway. I spent about six hours at Brandon's with virtually no problems, came home, and decided to eat dinner. I didn't eat that much compared to the dinner last night. Actually, comparing today with yesterday, yesterday I probably ate three times more than I've eaten today. Maybe more than that, but whatever. The point is....I feel pretty bad right now. I stopped eating dinner because I started having trouble swallowing again, and have been trying to relax ever since. About twenty minutes ago things started getting kind of worse. If I focus, and really concentrate and think about it, I can come to the understanding that my stomach actually feels fine. It doesn't hurt. It's a combination of this weird feeling in my throat, and feeling a little bit full, and jittery nerves. Which is dumb, I know. So I'm sitting here eating the few ice chips I was able to get out of the ice maker (someone stole all the ice....grr...), glancing over my little book of Bible verses I've been putting together. I tried watching TV, reading a book, cleaning out a desk drawer....nothing was distracting enough. So here I sit, blogging my problems. It helps some. It might be the involvement of typing, it might just be the fact that I'm getting this out there. I don't know, but I appreciate the little bit of relief. It's a little bit after 8, so not much longer until I can go to bed. I slept like a very sleepy thing last night (what a change...) and hopefully will do so again this evening.

Tomorrow Brandon's expecting me to come over and watch a movie or two. I have no idea what we're going to watch, or what time I will get over there. I don't work until 5, so I've got the free time, but depending on how tonight goes, I might not really feel up to going over there. If only this evening could have gone as smoothly as the rest of the day, I'd have a lot more confidence in my ability to do stuff tomorrow. Oh well.



"O Lord, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief." Psalm 143:1

"When I said, 'my foot is slipping', your love, O Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul." Psalm 94:18-19

"Rescue me and deliver me in Your righteousness; turn your ear to me and save me. Be my rock of refuge to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for You are my rock and my fortress." Psalm 71:2-3

"Because You are my help, I sing in the shadow of Your wings. My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me." Psalm 63:7-8

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalm 62:1-2

"When I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God, whose word I praise, In God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?" Psalm 56:3-4

"Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in You, my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed." Psalm 57:1

"But I call to God, and the Lord saves me. Evening, morning, and noon I cry out in distress, and He hears my voice." Psalm 55:16-17

"We wait in hope for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you." Psalm 33:20-22

"In you, O Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame, deliver me in your righteousness. Turn your ears to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me." Psalm 31:1-2

"Praise be to the Lord, for He has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped." Psalm 28:7

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart, and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14

1 comments:

Karen said...

beautiful verses! There's nothing like the comfort of God's Word.

love you!