CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 26, 2009

Guess what? It's late. That's what.

I hadn't planned on posting tonight because I planned on being asleep. When I got home from work I was able to eat a little bit and then kind of freaked myself out. But I fought it off though. I worked on copying Bible verses into this teeny tiny notebook I plan on carrying with me. That made me feel a lot better. Then I asked mom for some medicine to help me sleep and took two Tylenol PM. Guess what. They are not working. It has been more than an hour and I am not sleepy. Well, I am, but not any more so than I was earlier in the day. And now my tummy is acting up. I don't know if it's because it's the same time I've had issues the past two nights, or if it's because of what I ate, or because of allergies, or because I'm depressed about Michael Jackson. Maybe a little of everything. But you know that kind of nauseous feeling you can get after you cry a lot and all sorts of slimy things make their way to your tummy instead of a Kleenex? It kind of feels like that. I'm trying to not let it get to me.

Tonight my dear friend Jess is at the hospital with her fiance Erik. Apparently early Wednesday morning he drove himself to the hospital and found out he had appendicitis, so he waited a few hours until closer to wake up time for everyone and told them. Except Jess had her phone turned off. So when she gets up she has a voicemail from him saying he's having his appendix taken out. It didn't make her very happy. It wouldn't make me very happy either. So he had his surgery and is apparently in a lot of pain, and should have been allowed to come home today but the doctors decided to keep him a little longer. So Jess is spending the night in one of those special hospital recliners tonight. I have a feeling she isn't sleeping much, and the poor thing has to work tomorrow. Plus she was supposed to have her engagement photos taken this weekend and I have a feeling that won't happen. I feel really bad for her and if you could please say a prayer for both her and Erik I'm sure she'd appreciate it. Hopefully he will get to go home tomorrow, and hopefully she will get some sleep tonight and feel ok about leaving him tomorrow when she goes to work.

You know, I think if Brandon called me in the middle of the night when my phone was off to say that he was having an internal organ removed (particularly one so volatile as the appendix) I would probably beat him. But this is precisely why I don't turn off my phone when I go to sleep. Well, not precisely. It's actually because a.) I'm pretty paranoid about something happening and me not being able to call/receive calls from anyone, and b.) I'm too tired. Brandon turns off his phone, though, and I hate that. It's bothersome.

OK I'm starting to ramble so maybe I should try to go to sleep. Again. Maybe it will work this time. Perhaps I should find another Adventures in Odyssey cd...

1 comments:

Karen said...

It was an ugly night all around, wasn't it? With the storms and the other various things going on. Here's hoping tonight will be better.

I'm praying for Jessica and Erik. (except I spelled his name wrong in my journal but I'm sure God knows who I meant. =D )

love you!