CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Don't you hate it when your glass sticks to the coaster?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how tired are you?
I'm about an eight. For reals.

Inventory is over and it wasn't horrible. Well, for me it wasn't. I wasn't mutilated by a blood thirsty wall fixture. I found a couple of CDs and finally, after a year of searching (since last inventory, actually), I found a Bible cover I like. And I even bought it (doesn't that go without saying?)

I dropped another class at school, and we found out that I can't take the semester off in the fall, unfortunately, without committing some sort of insurance fraud (which we would like to avoid.) I submitted an application to U of L, and might also to the community college so I can stay full time without digging myself into an even larger hole financially (I added up what I owe so far and let's just say with the money I owe, I could pay for my wedding, honeymoon, and put a down payment on a house for the same amount of money. Plus buy plenty of souvenirs. But on the bright side, it's not as bad as I thought it was.)

And now I must get back to my studies. I have a quiz tomorrow, apparently, and I'd like to be at least somewhat prepared for it. How many days until school is out? Maybe then my blog posts will be more interesting, since I will have a wee bit more free time, and will be wedding-planning full time.

2 comments:

Jessie-Bessie said...

Hey Jess, just a question. what made you decide to go to college? And are you planning on using your degree once you are married?

Jessi said...

Well, I have many reasons for switching. First is, I really want to be a stay at home mom down the road, but until then I am perfectly happy (or at least satisfied, on the bad days) with working at the library. I do not need a degree to do my job, so finishing college on-time isn't a big priority. I'd rather take a semester or two off and then finish the rest at my own pace, either part-time or on the internet. And it's too expensive to do that at my own school. If I wanted to stay at my school and graduate on time, I'd have to take summer classes, which would cost about the same as an entire year at another school. I kind of like the school I go to now. It was a good transition for me from high school to college because of the smaller setting. But I'm not sure I really understood all the financial burdens I would be taking on when I signed up for it!