CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 9, 2009

The break is over.

So WinterJam was pretty cool. We left before 3:30 and headed off to Lexington, passing our state capital and marveling at all the signs pointing out distilleries along the way. I was under the impression that Bourbon was basically invented in Kentucky, but I had no idea we were so proud of it. There were also lots of horses. I assume none of them were drinking bourbon.
Our parking spot was pretty close to the arena, and there seemed to be a little crowd of people gathered near the entrance when we walked up. We were quite shocked to see how long the line actually was. I've decided I'm not a fan of "general admission". And next time, let me tell you, I will wear more sensible shoes. My poor feet are covered in pink Hello Kitty band-aids.
When we finally got to our seats, some tween band was finishing up "Footloose". I enjoy that movie, and Kevin Bacon, and Kenny Loggins and all that, but I'm not really sure why they chose to sing the theme song to a movie that basically makes fun of some Christians and their anti-dancing policies. Hmm. Francesca Batistelli was pretty good, but I don't think most of the people there knew more than one of her songs, so I guess it was good she only sang three. The Afters were just great, and Hawk Nelson was a lot of fun. HN got to perform quite a few songs. I must admit I wasn't a fan of NewSong, but they "hosted" the event so they got to sing quite a bit. At least they didn't do Christmas Shoes. *_*
After some awkward pandering to the youthful audience from the speaker, we had the privilege to see Toby Mac. Well, most of the time we could see him. During the last few songs someone thought it would be okay for their middle school-age children to come stand against the gaping railings (we were pretty high up) that happened to be right in our line of sight. The music was fantastic, though, and I'm glad I got to go. After a stop at Steak and Shake we got back at 1:30, technically, because of the time change, and I actually got up later and went to church. Go, me!

And now spring break is over, and I am sad, and later I will figure out how many days it is until Easter break. It may only be a day or two, but I don't care. I despise school. Blech.

Hopefully those of you who are going to have your spring breaks at a reasonable, spring-y time will have fun, too!

0 comments: