CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A brief exclamation.

I have come to the conclusion that weddings- the business, not the concept- are a racket.

Recently my dad and I went out shopping looking for some wedding decorations. We stopped in Factory Card Outlet, a party supply store. I have been looking for some different iron-on crystals and things that say "Bride" or "Just Married" to decorate either a few shirts or a bag for my honeymoon (special treatment at Disney World, aka "pixie dust", being my motive.) Wal-Mart used to have so me for like, $2.50, They were almost nine dollars at FCO. Nine! I found a hat- just a simple baseball cap- with plain stitching that said "Bride" on it for $18, and a pre-wrapped plain white t-shirt with a cheap looking iron-on transfer that said "Bride" for $35. Oh, my word.
That much money could get me at least three shirts (that arent' wrapped in plastic and therefore I can ensure they fit) from Target and decorate them myself with stuff from another store.
I have seen $50 tank tops, $30 beach towels, and other such atrocities selling for ridiculous prices, simply because they have a wedding-related word on them. It's weird and sad and mildly infuriating.

I guess I should go back to cleaning my room now.

0 comments: