CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I am guilty of treating God like a wishing well.
As in...
"Hey, God, how's it going? Can you please make my stomach stop hurting at work?"
"Hi, God. Sorry it's been a while. Please let me have an easy week. Things have been tough lately. Thanks. "
"While I'm not 100% sure about your feelings on lottery tickets, God, it would be really cool if you would give me a sign that I'm supposed to buy one, and also that you would allow me to win exactly enough money to buy a house. I found a really nice one online. It's blue. Ok, talk to you later."

This is a really bad habit of mine.
I think perhaps the first step in breaking a bad habit is realizing that you have one. Maybe?

The weekend has been relatively non-eventful. Sometimes that is a blessing. I mean, there weren't any major tragedies. That's a good thing. It's getting colder, I find myself very shivery in the night and plan on washing my large pink blanket soon. This blanket is amazing. They still sell it at Target, it's called the "cozy blanket", and I swear it feels like it's made out of clouds, or something. It is amazingly soft. Not to mention pink. Unfortunately I don't think I washed it before storing it this spring so it kind of smells like Diego. OK it really smells like Diego. That's why it's hidden away in a box in my closet.

I don't really have anything spectacular to say. I never feel very...profound during the school year. Sorry to disappoint. Hopefully something exciting will happen in someone else's life this week and I can post about that.

0 comments: