CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bleargh. I say that a lot.

My dogs are asleep, I am waiting for Brandon to call me, and it's only a few hours before fall break is technically over.
I have accomplished nothing.
I haven't done anything special or fun.
But things are slowly getting better, I guess.

For fun this evening I went back and read a few entries of an online journal I kept in 2005. I was kind of funny at times. Very self-deprecating and spending way too much time and energy focusing on one person, but funny. I said things like "he is a pez dispenser of broken promises" and "at least I have my shattered dreams and broken milk bottles to keep me warm on the side of the road".
Yeah, it was pretty weird.

Anyway. I found a fun little survey on there, and I think I will re-take it (it's been three years, I'm sure my answers have changed). Maybe you would like to take it, too.

::15 Random Favorites::
Pink, purple, window shopping, craft stores, Wednesdays, not being at school, gift cards, movies, walruses, rolling nickels (ok not really), things that make me laugh, Christmas cards, cupcakes, making people smile, eyeliner.
::14 Favorite Foods::
Pralines, McDonald's french fries, diet coke, diet cherry coke, bottled water, bread products, cheesy things, Christmas cookies, chicken salad, scallops, chicken, noodles, chicken flavored noodles, jammy dodgers.
::13 Most Watched Shows::
The Office, The Soup, the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, the Colbert Report, the Cosby Show, House, Morning Joe (I'm a nerd), Jon and Kate Plus Eight, Ghost Hunters, erm...the Golden Girls, Wife Swap, Best Week Ever, and...I can't think of anything else. I don't even watch these all that much, I don't think .
::12 Good Bands in your Opinion::
Sheesh. We'll just say musicians. David Bowie, Eric Clapton, Rufus Wainwright, Journey, Barry Manilow, David Crowder Band, Casting Crowns, the Rolling Stones, Aretha Franklin, Queen, Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton. I can think of a lot more that I like. Isn't that a weird, eclectic list?
::11 Memories::
Fun times senior year, graduation, waking up from surgery, being mesmerized by the muppets as a child, several horrible proms and homecomings, going to the David Crowder concert at church, my Disney World graduation trip, the amazing feeling of being on stage for "Pygmalion", many fun weeknights spent with friends that I no longer speak to, my first day driving to school on my own, Brandon proposing.
::10 Close Friends::
*snort*. Kelli. Brandon. Jess. Uh...my mom? Does she count? Jesus. My dogs. I might have to count them individually. And....erm....Creed Bratton. Not really.
::09 Things you're looking forward to::
Moving all of my junk into the house that I do not have, getting married, graduation from some school-type institution, quitting my job, eventually going to the Indianapolis Zoo to see the walruses, paying off my car so I can start paying off something else, tomorrow afternoon, Christmas, breakfast (we're having pancakes!)
::08 Things you wear daily::
My engagement ring, some other ring (probably my class ring), mascara, clothing, shoes (usually), lip gloss...gosh, this is hard! Does toothpaste count? Because...you wear it on your teeth. For a few seconds. Ok never mind.
::07 Things That Annoy You::
Liars, broken promises, baby-killing, hearing people say things that I really want to argue with but I cant' say anything, eating potato chips for breakfast because I'm picky and there's nothing else that looks reasonably appetizing, having to do the work of four people at work while getting paid one lonely salary, the new sermon format on our church's website (instead of taping the service, it's the pastor sitting in his office, I guess, pretty much saying whatever he talked about in church. But without the atmosphere and spirit)
::06 Things You Touch Everyday::
My bedroom doorknob, some sort of food, my dogs, my hair (I twirl it), a wintergreen lifesaver, my cell phone
::05 Movies You Could Watch Over and Over::
Moulin Rouge, Willow, the Lord of the Rings, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the Muppet movies
::04 Of Your Favorite Childhood Toys::
Play food, Asian Barbies (because they had black hair and I was jealous), stuffed animals, Jonathan's Batman figures
::03 People You Have Kissed::
Um, I had to kiss a friend for an audition once. For a play. Not a kissing audition. And then there's Brandon. And...my dog. But not in a gross way.
::02 Of Your Favorite Songs::
"Kathy's Song" by Simon and Garfunkel and "Faithfully" by Journey, partly because I just listened to them.
::01 Person You Could Spend the Rest of Your Life With::
Brandon. You know what my answer was three years ago? "Jeff Goldblum. I think I love him."

0 comments: