CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 14, 2008

You bet it's the happiest place on earth.

Vacation is in 12-ish days, and I think I am excited. Well, I am because I don't have to work for about a week and a half (yay!). But I wasn't excited initially because of what we are doing on vacation. For one, I am supposed to help my mom work the Deeper Still conference in Atlanta. I'm all for swarms of women going to see lady speakers talk about God, but working? On vacation? Not something one normally does. Anyway. After we do that, we are supposed to go to Daytona beach in Florida. I hate the beach. Sand is icky, I can't swim, and I am not built like a swimsuit model. I am pudgy and pale. Not a good combination for the beach. Plus manic stingrays and killer sharks live there. I mean, I've seen Jaws. And I just loved Steve Irwin. Oceans are not safe.

Then about a week ago it was announced that we are indeed planning on visiting Orlando one day during our trip. I immediately started doing a Disney dance around the kitchen. I love Disney World. Even if we aren't vacationing there, we plan to go to Downtown Disney, which is this place with like, the world's largest Disney Store, and some fun restaurants (one is called the Earl of Sandwich. Ha.) and an ice cream parlour and all sorts of other fun things. It's like taking an animal lover to the zoo instead of on a safari. It's not the same, but it's a small taste (a fun one) of the excitement. And while we are in Orlando, we might as well stop by the gigantic mall and go to the Sanrio (HELLO KITTY) store, right? Right.

The other day, my parents call me into the kitchen and my dad says that he had a dream that we went to Disney World. So he's figured out that if we take one of our cars, plus a rental car, to Atlanta, then take my aunt's van to Florida, we would be able to go to the Magic Kingdom for one day. Oh. My. Gosh. We don't know if it's going to work out (to be truthful my parents are sounding less and less optimistic about it) because it would rely on several things. First, my brother would have to agree to the plan. Then we'd have to get my aunt to okay it, and get her to let my dad drive and my mom ride up in the front seat. Mom talked to her the other day and she said that she doesn't have air conditioning in her van right now (ew) but she plans on getting it fixed before we come down there. Still, the stability of this transportation is up in the air. We don't know how reliable the van is. I hope it is found to be suitable because I really want to go to Disney World. Of course, I'll be fine if we don't, because we'll still go to the Sanrio store and Downtown Disney. But if we don't I'm not going to get to go again (probably) until my honeymoon, which right now looks about another year and a half away. I haven't been since I graduated high school in 2006. I swear that place is like a drug. I need another hit of happy. Consumer driven, capitalist, fairy tale happy. *sigh*. This situation calls for a little bit of magic pixie dust. If only such a thing existed....


Speaking of Disney and related happiness, I've picked out my wedding cake topper. It's not a cake topper, though. But I will make it one. Because it's cute and I want it. Do I have it yet? No, but I hope to, soon!


Isn't it adorable? They're wearing Mickey Ears!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a cute cake topper! I was so fussy when it came to mine, I wanted people that looked normal!! My MIL found it in the end and it was wonderful!! I have it packed away in the memory box with other things from the day.