CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

there are some who call me...tim?

Good evening, friends.

I am blogging because I haven't done so in a while. Because I am in a not-so-happy mood and think writing will help alleviate that. Because I am thinking a lot of things right now and perhaps in some weird way I think that sharing them with the few random people who will read this will make me feel better.

This is not a pity party. Just...stress relief.

I pretty much work and go to school these days. On Mondays, I get up and go to school. I leave straight from school and go to work. It's a half hour drive. It's not very exciting. I listen to books on tape. When I get off work it's after nine, and I'm tired and don't feel like doing much of anything, especially not homework. This attitude will not go over very well this semester, as I have...nine papers, a video presentation, and a research proposal this semester. Not to mention fourteen textbooks, three Presidential biographies of my choice, numerous tests, quizzes, article summations, etc. Blech. It makes my head spin just thinking about it.
Tuesdays and Thursdays I get up and go to work in the morning and drive straight to school. Wheeeeee.

I get to see Brandon two times a week now. On Friday evenings and on Sundays. Saturdays are reserved for homework. This is a huge change from seeing him three or four nights a week, plus having at least an hour lunch with him every day at school. I eat lunch by myself, usually working on the crossword, in the cafe area of my school. Twenty minutes later I am bored so I walk a few buildings over and play games on my phone while I wait for class to start.

I think the last few years of wearing ballet flats and skate shoes have permanently damaged my feet. Or at least one of them. It hurts really bad, and is sometimes very difficult to walk on, and it gets on my nerves. Can I buy new feet? Assuming I stumble across some large sum of money and have enough money to afford important things such as tires, an education, and new appendages.

I am very excited about Sarah Palin. She is really nifty, and is female, and stands for a lot of the things that I believe in. Also she has five kids and her family seems really happy. I like that. And I am beginning to like John McCain a little, too.

My wisdom teeth are bothering me. When I was a junior in high school I discovered that my wisdom teeth were beginning to grow in. In math class, I requested prayer for this. I hate going to the dentist. I hate people's hands in my mouth. I hate surgery. So I asked for prayer that God would allow these new teeth to fit in my mouth so I didn't have to have them cut out. God answered that prayer in a rather slow and interesting way. These wisdom teeth have grown in one at a time over the past four years. Very slowly. And it's bearable and for that I am extremely grateful. At times, however, they feel weird, these extra teeth in the back of my mouth. I have never felt such sympathy- or is it empathy?- for teething babies. I know their pain. And I actually remember it!

Speaking of prayer requests, I miss that part of my high school. Bellarmine is not spiritually committed to anything. I have a feeling most colleges aren't. I haven't really minded it so much until recently, and I don't really know why. I miss being in a small setting where I know that everyone else has pretty much the same background as me. I didn't have to worry about English professors misrepresenting Bible studies, or other students passing judgement on the Puritans of 17th century America. We all recognized that abortion is wrong, and had nothing to fear by openly discussing this and many other topics in class. I miss telling my teachers what's going on in my life, and asking for their prayer. Sometimes I miss it so much it makes my heart hurt. The other day I found myself doodling in my psychology notebook and mentioned something about looking into tuition at a local Christian college. It's too late to switch now. It would probably be cheaper, and I would probably be happier, but it's not going to happen. Not with four semesters left. I probably wouldn't be able to transfer all my credits, and I don't want to stay in school any longer. I think about dropping out sometimes because I hate it so much. It's like, there is no point in being there other than to stress me out. If I even drop one of my classes it's going to affect the rest of my semesters at Bellarmine, and while I would have some slight relief now, I wouldn't be happy then when I had to take 18 hours of classes while preparing for my wedding.

My room is a mess. I am getting rid of three boxes of my stuff and it's still cluttered. I can't think of anything else to get rid of, actually. Someone should come box up my stuff and buy me a house and put all my stuff in it. Just leave my computer, some paper and my mattress. Better yet, buy me a new mattress, because the one I have is shot.

My doggies are asleep on my bed. Picky Polo is actually not under the covers. He is sprawled out in the middle of the bed, with his gigantic bat ears sticking up, making him look even more ridiculous than he already does.

I would like to take a trip back to Whole Foods with my Kelli, to get some random expensive groceries. That will have to wait until tires are purchased and insurance payments are made, however. Maybe we can get some fancy cheese, or something. Or scallops. Or chocolate croissants.
We decided that when it gets closer to Halloween, just for silliness we will get some stuff to make Harry Potter food! She wants butterbeer (which appears to be club soda, butterscotch syrup, and butter. I don't know about that last part). I just want something toffee. Yummy. Yay, food! It is so much fun.

Mom dyed my hair tonight and it is two different colors. I am having trouble figuring out why.

I am excited about Christmas. I have most of Brandon's presents, all of Kelli's, half of Jonathan's, and I have mom's picked out. I don't know what I'm getting dad so I hope that the Disney store adds some more stitch stuff to their website in the next month or two.

Ok, even though I don't have to go to school tomorrow until noon, meaning I can sleep in and watch the Golden Girls, I think I will try to go to bed now. I am out of things to say. At least, things that I am willing to type and/or admit.

Hope all is well with you, too.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Um...that's a whole lot of stuff that leaked out your brain. I hope you are feeling better for it. And I wish I could just rub Polo's belly and make it all better. Sigh. I'll try praying about it instead. (and I have no idea what's up with the duo color.)

Anonymous said...

omg...i feel the same way about bellarmine to. im mean campbellsville was exactly laike whiteifeld abotu professors asking whats up in your life and all...i feel the professors at belalrmine dont even care about who you are...i mean half of them everyword outt of there amth is a cuss word one thinks that all their is to life is money and drinking. and the other doesnt think there is anything wrong with plastic surgery--booob jobs face lifts lyposuction...i was begining to feel like i was the only onw that felt that way. ill be praying for you jessi!