CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

I hit my thumb with a book and it still hurts.

Hi, people.
It has been a stressful week, and I'm sorry I am not posting anything but recounts of my stress on here lately. Thankfully my dear Kelli provided me with all the episodes of the Office so I have something entertaining to lift my spirits, and my dear Brandon has been here for me and is helping me out with my tuition woes (I don't know what I'd do without him!). Friday might have been the worse. I went to take my withdraw slips to a professor (I'm dropping my two toughest classes, so I'm still full-time, but there's no need in taking them and giving myself a stress-related stroke trying to make a good grade in the class) and instead of simply signing them or asking me to email him or whatever, he made me go to the front of the class and very loudly, rudely, and unprofessionally picked at me and my reasons for dropping the class. I was kind enough not to tell him that part of the reason was because he was so rude and let his students say really nasty, intolerant things in class. He basically said that I was crazy for making a "rash decision", and badgered me until I told him where I was *thinking* about going, and he hadn't heard of it so obviously, it's not a real school. His comments weren't made with a tone of concern for my future, but with disdain. It really hurt my feelings and was especially painful because I had been dreading going to him in the first place (I hate confrontation. Or the possibility of confrontation.)
Thankfully things went pretty well at work today. I probably would have just broken down crying if they hadn't, because, well, it's been that kind of week. Blech. I am keeping my hopes up for next week, though.

On a mostly unrelated note, it's almost October! Yay! I like October because autumn is my favorite season. It starts getting cold, there's Halloween candy, and when October is over it's November, which means Thanksgiving and Black Friday shopping and Christmas is very soon. Yay! I am kind of sad that I won't be able to get people as much for Christmas this year (life suddenly got more expensive this summer. I'm not sure why). I LOVE getting presents for people. And wrapping them. I am the wrapping queen. I am really weird, I know. I am excited, though. Hopefully October will be a very fun month.

0 comments: