CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Food is weird.

I am highly suspicious of this peanut butter and cherry preserves sandwich I have just stopped eating. It smells kind of like the bread is about to go bad. I am hypersensitive to things like this. I will not drink milk the day before its sell-by date. Not "use by", "sell by". I won't eat bread that smells at all fruity because that means it's about to go bad. And yes, I am aware that this particular sandwich contains fruit. There is a difference.
And it's kind of a bummer because that's pretty much all I brought for dinner. All we have hear is candy. Candy does not a dinner make. And also it makes my teeth hurt.

So now I have nothing to do during my dinner break other than ponder and worry and other such things. I mentioned before that I am looking into switching schools. This is because I don't like going to school in such a secular environment, I do not want to be a historian, and Bellarmine is insanely expensive. I miss going to a small, Christ-centered (hmm) school. That's what Whitefield was supposed to be, anyway. So I have actually been looking at other options since April or May but didn't fully disclose to family how fed up I am until recently. Now I am looking into switching to Boyce, which is run by the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. I am no longer really considered "Southern Baptist" but I agree with the doctrine and that's what I was raised in, even though I now belong to a nondenominational church. Anyway. I could theoretically switch to Boyce and get an associate's degree in a year, with a few summer classes thrown in, and then after that work towards my Bachelor's in "Christian Worldview and Apologetics". Which sounds interesting and useful, and if I did change my mind and decide to teach (again- this time instructing high schoolers how to fortify themselves with their faith so that they may resist so many of the nasty things world outside of high school has to offer), I could use that. If I went full time, I could get THAT degree two years after I get my associates (not counting summer terms, should I take them). I just don't know. I am very confused right now.

Here's what I know:
*I want a degree
*I like Jesus
*I don't see Him at Bellarmine
*I don't have any desire to be a historian, researcher, author, professor, etc.
*I don't have a lot of money
*I think that this particular degree at Boyce would be very useful, and it's something I'm interested in.
*I want to do something my family and Brandon approve of
*Jesus, too. I want Him to approve, I mean.
*I'm not super thrilled with the idea of going ot school for a few extra years, part-time or full-time, and for some reason I get the feeling people would be mad at me if I had to keep going past my once-anticipated graduation date.

Here's what I don't know:
*Anything else.


The more I think about it, that sandwich bread has totally gone bad. Ew. I can still taste it. Blech.

I have twenty minutes left before I have to work again. I have nasty bread taste in my mouth. And I am very confused as to the direction I am headed.
Also it's warm in here. There, I think that covers everything I could possibly complain about right now. I'm going to go see if I have a caramel apple sucker in my purse and try to stop thinking about that sandwich.

1 comments:

Karen said...

I'm pretty sure that the bread was fine, your smelling may be a bit off. Although that was the last of that particular loaf of bread and we will start on a new loaf tomorrow. Plus you had it in the refrigerator with some fruit so perhaps it picked up some smells from that. :)

I didn't like that loaf of bread anyway. It was too thick feeling.