CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Oh what love

I have felt called to pray for someone I know a lot over the past few days. I care about this person a lot even though we don't see each other very often anymore. So many people I knew from high school have worked very hard to ignore God and what He wants for their lives. In some of them I still see some hope, I pray that their hearts will ache to know Christ- again. We so often took for granted being constantly exposed to "Jesus stuff" in high school (and often at home as well) and many of my classmates aren't getting along so well without it now. I think I sound like a sixty year old preacher when I say this, but they are being destroyed by the evil that permeates parts of the secular world. Particularly college. It's a generational thing, really. Not just Whitefield students. I am really praying that God will use me to show this person what they've been missing, what a hope their is in having a relationship with Jesus. That no matter what they are going through with their family or what pressures they are facing He is always there, and people like me will be too. All this person has to do is ask for help. So I posted some lyrics on facebook in hopes that they will be seen by the right people. Person, rather. He needs to know that God is listening.

Please lift up this anonymous soul in your prayers. I'm having a difficult time expressing how heavily God has laid this on my heart. Each day I see something else that makes me more worried for this individual.

0 comments: