CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Blondies are called blondies because they aren't brownies.

I bet you've been wondering what I've been up to lately. Well, I'll tell you.

Work is supremely boring. There is not much to do except stare at the stuff we will have to deal with some time next week (hopefully) when our computer systems are back up.

Brandon and I went to meet with the associate minister at his church on Thursday about performing our wedding at my church. He's basically ok with it. There are a few things we need to do but he went ahead and put us on his calendar.

After this visit Brandon was in a good mood and was very nice to me. Which was cool.

We also had a long talk with his parents that night after dinner (tacos!) about wedding stuff. This was also cool.

Tomorrow we have our second "marriage class" which is fine, except I am sleepy and...yeah. It's a lame excuse for not wanting to go but I'm being honest. It'll all be fine, though.

Tomorrow we are probably going to go ahead and book our honeymoon. We definitely need to go ahead and book our flight, anyway, so we kind of figured, while we were at it, why not go ahead and book the trip? That way we can go ahead and set up our honeymoon registry, which is a cute idea even if no one shops off it (it would help, though!)

Also we are going to go do a tiny bit of shopping for the numerous baby showers we have been invited to at the end of the month. We will sadly be unable to attend, but will still send presents!

And I'm dealing with stupid stuff from school. All I'm going to say is I am starting to miss the simplicity of going to a small school like Bellarmine.

Also I made brown butter toffee blondies last night, because baking makes me feel less stressed. And I wanted something sweet...they were really good! And easy to make! I will put the recipe on here sometime soon.

I think that is everything. It's been a slow week in some ways, because every minute I have spent at work has felt like an hour. It's excruciating at times. But we occasionally find ways to have fun. But it also feels like this week has flown by, because...well, it just does. I can't explain it. Life has been moving pretty fast lately, it seems. Maybe part of it's because I work at a library- we're always thinking three weeks ahead (the books that were checked out today are due September 5th! SEPTEMBER!!! What is up with that? Didn't January just happen?!) Oh well.

I think I'm going to go back to sitting on my bed staring at my floor now. That's what I was doing before I came over to write this. Things are just kind of boring at the moment. A good tv show comes on in a little less than an hour, so I can listen to that and maybe I will do something productive like work on my room.

0 comments: