CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 16, 2009

140 ish days until Disney!

We booked our honeymoon today!
We reserved our flight and paid a deposit on our Disney trip. We will be staying in the Pop Century resort, which is one of the newest ones. It just opened six years ago, so it's a little nicer than the other value resorts in that the furniture is newer and the TVs are bigger. I'm very excited about going! We will spend a day in each park, and we've opted for the quick-service dining plan. You do save money with the dining plans, but a.) the regular one just had too much food, and b.) all four times I've gone to Disney, I think we only ate at the table service restaurants twice. And both times were when I was seven. So it's a lot cheaper this day- we get two quick service (i.e. "fast food") meals, and two snacks per day. A snack can be an ice cream, a piece of fruit, popcorn, a bottled water, etc. All we'd have to pay for is breakfast (which some days the "snack" is just fine for me) and anything else we might want to eat.
It'll be weird flying down there because I have only flown once, and that was about ten years ago. I flew to Atlanta to visit my aunt and uncle and new baby cousin (who is now entering the fifth grade!) And then I wasn't responsible for my bags and getting myself places on time...we will see how that goes. Thankfully Brandon is very organized and generally punctual. I know on our way down to Florida we have like, 36 minutes to get to our connecting flight. But on the way back we have a few hours to kill in the Atlanta airport. Again, I haven't been there for about ten years, either. But from what I remember, it was very nice.

0 comments: