CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

ch ch changes...eventually.

I hope one of these days I will have the drive to finish my work in a timely manner.
Scratch that. I actually did have my work done, but things changed. I had planned on using the end of this past weekend to study and do take-home essays for my finals. Plans changed when professors got serious at the last minute (try Friday afternoon) and announced that the finals were going to be more complicated than I would have ever guessed. And it didn't help when another professor told me on Saturday that my thesis for my final paper was horrible. So I was up all last night finishing it. I hope I can at least get a C on it...I think it's good for me, what I am capable of writing, but it's not going to be as good as some other people in my class. The ones who are preparing to be lawyers and politicians. The ones who actually care about Alexis de Tocqueville and can use their extensive vocabulary to at least pretend to be knowledgeable about political science. Me, I just sit in class because I have to. Even if I wasn't a political science minor, I would have still taken the class because I would need the credit for an elective.
So now that I have finished my paper, I guess I'll go guzzle some more coffee to help me stay awake (I can type super fast, on the plus side. Faster than usual. Which is pretty fast). And perhaps take a nap when I come home, then get to work on studying for my two most difficult finals. Well...if I study they won't be difficult. I do have two take home essays to do, and a book to read. It's just that these tests are the ones which require the most memorization of facts. By the way, I have a bone to pick with whoever decided that Ethics should be a required course at my school. How many times can we talk about Plato? Or Hobbes? Or Aristotle or Aquinas? I'm only a sophomore and I have had four or five classes in which we have discussed these deceased thinkers. That's 25% if my classes.
I suppose I should go get ready to leave. I don't think it would be wise to go to school in my pajamas, wrapped in my lovely fluffy blanket that I swear has to be made out of marshmallows or some other lovely substance.
I promise that eventually I will have something more interesting to say than whining about school.

1 comments:

Karen said...

I think you are too hard on yourself. Finals week is meant to be hard. That's where your professors earn their pay.

I suggest no PJs in class too. You'll be home before you know it and if the coffee will let you sleep, you can take a nap. Or join me for dinner.