CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 18, 2008

"I feel the earth move under my feet"..or I would have if I had been out of bed.

I think I have had several things to say over the past few days, but for reasons that are still unknown, I was unable to log into my blogger account. So here I am, and now the only thing I have to say is that we had an earthquake last night. It is the first one I have ever experienced. It apparently only lasted less than a minute, and I was awake for most of it, but I wasn't really sure what was going on. It sounded either like there was a large truck picking things up and slamming them in the ground outside, or someone was stomping and moving things around in the house. It still didn't sound quite right, though, because of the way the walls were moving...like *boom*....*boom*....*boom boom*...It was so weird! I figured someone in the house must have been doing something, though, because the birds were fluttering around and my dog only seemed mildly interested in what was going on. So that was my excitement for the week. Not that I want another earthquake to happen, but it would have been more interesting if I was fully awake and aware when it happened. Things like that don't happen too often in Kentucky. I don't think we've had one as long as I've been alive, actually.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Isn't it funny that we assume that we must be dreaming or something because we couldn't possibly be having an earthquake? Silly us.

Anonymous said...

Found you!
Bye.