CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 28, 2009

Who knows where the time goes?

Time is flying by, and it's quite disturbing.
Right now my schedule is such that I only go to school two days a week (two excruciatingly long days) and I work three days a week (longer days, rather than short nights like I did during the summer.) These two things combined make my weeks FLY by. Really.
Like, today. Today I work at two, and I'll be there until nine. That's a substantial portion of my day. I force myself to get up early so I feel like I have more time at home. And yet, I always think it's not quite enough time to get much done. Then I go off to work, and boom. The day is over. Tomorrow, Tuesday, I will get up early and go to school. I will be there from about 830 in the morning, and I will get out of class at 830 at night. It takes me about half an hour to get to my car and get home. And boom. Tuesday is over. Lather, rinse, and repeat for Wednesday and Thursday, and before you know it, I finally have some free time and it's Friday! But I really have stuff I need to do. Then comes Saturday, when I'm back at work, from 9 to 5, and come home tired because it's the end of the week and I don't want to do anything because in my mind, there's not that much time before bed (even though it's like, five or six hours) and thus, I don't get much accomplished. And the next day is Sunday. And we start this whole process over again. It's scary how fast the last five weeks have gone by. I have lots of homework- one of the disadvantages of going to a liberal arts school is that while I don't have many quizzes and exams, I do have LOTS of papers to write. Just for fun, let's list them:
*1 paper left in IDC, plus a 3-page paper for any classes I miss, and I must prepare three articles per class meeting on the topic we will be discussing.
* At least 5 film reviews for my project in Christian Marriage
*A long, thorough paper for Liberalism and Conservatism, as for our class project (semester-long) we are writing a book. Really. A collection of essays. Good, long essays. And I have deadlines throughout the semester so I can't leave it for last minute.
*Two essays that are part book review, part...essay for Roaring Twenties/Great Depression (affectionately known as "Roaring Depression")
*Two collections of notes on two more books for same class, to prove that they have been read
*A biographical video project for same class, about a person from that time period.

Plus midterms and finals, etc. In some ways I'd rather have more quizzes and tests, because I am a procrastinator by nature and put off writing those papers until the last few days before they are due. On the other hand, I seldom study, and my grades would probably be worse.

Anyway, the point is, time is flying by, and my wedding is three months and change away now (insane!) and I've got stuff to take care of for that, plus school, plus we need to get an apartment and move stuff into it, plus making sure we are able to pay for things...ugh. It would be nice if I had more time, really.

0 comments: