CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Look! A Christmas Survey! Yay!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Wrapping paper, I think. It takes more time. And I like taping things.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
For most of my life, I've had an artificial tree. I hear that real ones can spontaneously burst into flames, so I'll probably keep using fake ones when I move out.

3. When do you put up the tree?
That isn't really up to me, but again, once I move out, I'm sure I'll start decorating as soon as all the trick-or-treaters are gone on Halloween. I love Christmas. It's insane.

4. When do you take the tree down?
After New Year's? I'm not sure.

5. Do you like eggnog?

A sip here or there.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Hmm, not sure about that one. My parents always get us really good presents.

7. Hardest person to buy for?

I think my dad. Because he only likes plants, and Hawaii. There's only so much Lilo and Stitch stuff a person can find for holiday gifts. This year I did well, though.

8. Easiest person to buy for?

Brandon, because we have a running list of movies and books that we are on the lookout for at the used bookstore. So, I just get the list and get a bunch of movies for him, and he's happy. As long as there's candy in his stocking.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?

Mom has about four thousand. One of the ones she got here was actually pretty cute.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?

Mail, duh. I never get emails from anyone, and I hardly ever send them. Everything is facebook now. But I like buying Christmas cards.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

Does surgery the day after Christmas count? Probably not, because that year I got more presents than usual.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?

Elf is awesome, it's really funny. I also like The Santa Clause. But my favorite one is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. It's been my favorite since I was little (don't worry, when I saw it then, it was taped off of network television. Minimal language.)

13. When do you start shopping?

As soon as I see something I think someone will like and if Christmas is closer than their next birthday. I've had Kelli's present since...June? Her birthday is in August. Christmas is December. Yeah. I'm pretty pathetic.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

Probably like, in middle school. Take something random and give it to someone I wanted to be my friend. That worked out really well...

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

Erm...I'm not sure. Cream puffs are good. Also we have chicken nuggets at my aunt's house. And potato salad. I'm pretty simple. All Christmas food is yummy, and I'm excited to be eating it soon.

16. Lights on the tree?

Of course!

17. Favorite Christmas song?

"Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth" by Bing Crosby and DAVID BOWIE

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?

Stay home. I don't know that I have anywhere to travel.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?

Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder (yes, it's Donder) & Blitzen, and Rudolph

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?

Star, or bow.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?

Both. I went to Brandon's house last Christmas eve (I think), then my house Christmas morning, then Mammaw's for lunch, then Dia's for dinner. Presents are fun.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?

I'm not a fan of giant inflatable yard art, but other than that, I can't think of anything. Like I said, I love Christmas.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?

Dunno. Silver is pretty.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?,

Ham, and oven macaroni and cheese, and...hmm. Sweet potato casserole (no one in my family makes this), and chocolate chip cookies. That's a combination of the best of the holiday, though.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?

Some fun stuff, like books and DVDs, because next year it's pretty much going to be wedding stuff and house stuff. Which is really fun, too, but I'm hoping that getting random frivolous things for Christmas will help control my urges to buy these things for myself throughout the year.

26. Who is most likely to respond to this?

My mom, I suppose.

27. Who is least likely to respond to this?

Oh, everyone else.

28. What was your most memorable magical memory from your adulthood?

Last year's Christmas service at church. Kyle finished it by talking about how Jesus whites out our sin like snow, and Brian started singing a cool song, and when he got to a climactic part, it started snowing. Like, in church. It was amazing. I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

29. Have you ever been involved in a Christmas gift prank?

No....and I want to share with you that whenever I take part in "White Elephant", I always get the horrible gift. A used lightbulb, for instance. Or a McDonald's toy. Despite the fact that that's completely against the rules. It's like Jim Halpert said- you might as well call that game "Nasty Christmas".

30. Favorite Christmas Cartoon?

I really love the Muppet Family Christmas. Muppets aren't cartoons, of course, but I think it should still count. And Jim Henson is at the end of it! That makes me both very happy and very sad.

0 comments: